Who We’re Looking For
Are you a recent or near graduate with a well-earned mathematical or quantitative degree (e.g. econometrics or quantitative finance) in your pocket? Are you hoping to take up a challenging position within the financial sector? Carry on reading! We at VB Advisory, a team of experienced econometricians with a broad background in the financial industry, would like to consider offering you a place in the Young Professionals Program. We aim to provide graduates with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working for large financial firms. You will get the chance to apply and practice the mathematical models you studied during your degree. We believe that with the proper skill set and attitude, you can climb the corporate ladder and succeed in becoming a specialist in your field of excellence in a relatively short time.
What You’ll Do
Over the past five years, we’ve noticed that it is becoming ever more essential to possess a specific skill set to succeed and further your career in the financial sector. Our professionals have pooled their experience and have designed a Young Professionals Program where reflection and promotion of personal development are essential. We help prepare (freshly graduated) quants, ensuring they become indispensable to financial sector members. By working four days a week on a project and one full day alongside a supervisor, these graduates are given a flying start and benefit hugely from this mentoring project. This guarantees a rapid improvement of their skill set within the first few months. For example, you add value where others cannot by learning how to design and develop specific models, carry out stress tests or scenario analyses, and interpret new regulations’ impact. The focus is set on developing that set of particular skills. This provides you with an opportunity to excel in your given field and also the ability to add value in the short term. During the program, we expect your levels of responsibility and impact on a project to increase significantly.
Our Mission and Vision
Our mission is to treat our consultants as our most important asset. We provide them with the best training possible to become the next generation of quants. They take a flexible and pragmatic approach to delivering high-quality advisory services. As a result, we solve our clients’ challenges by implementing sustainable solutions in quantitative risk management that help them achieve their goals.
Our vision is to be known for providing clients with exceptional quantitative solutions and to be recognised for our excellent consultants while being a unique employer valued by its employees for focusing on their personal development and happiness.
What We Offer
• Competitive salary including excellent secondary benefits, such as a Swapfiets and NS Business Card.
• Personalized program, setting out your personal goals and milestones.
• Hands-on experience gained whilst working for the most significant financial firms.
• Participation in VB Advisory’s in-house training.
• Working experience in a young and entrepreneurial-minded environment.
• Opportunity to study for the most globally respected and widely recognised postgraduate certificates (e.g. CFA or FRM).
• Prospect of creating a sustainable future by assisting with pro bono projects.
What You Offer
• Problem-solving mentality
• The willingness to learn and develop
• Strong model development skills
• The ability to translate highly technical material into a user-friendly format for the client
• Well-versed in English; Dutch is a plus
Duration and Working Hours
6 months to 2 years, depending on your preferences
32—40 hours, depending on your preferences