What are we looking for?
Have you recently (or have almost) graduated, with a well earned mathematical or quantitative degree (eg. Econometrics) in the pocket? Are you hoping to take up a challenging position within the financial sector? Carry on reading! We at VB Advisory, a team of experienced econometricians with a broad financial sector background, would like to consider offering you a place on the Young Professionals Program. We aim to provide graduates with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience whilst working for a large financial player. You will get the opportunity of applying and putting into practice, the mathematical models you studied during the course of your degree. We believe that with the right skills set and attitude, you can climb the corporate ladder and succeed in becoming a specialist in your field of excellence in a relatively short period of time.
• 0 – 2 years of relevant experience
• Problem solving mentality
• The willingness to learn and develop
• Strong model development skills
• The ability to translate highly technical material into a user-friendly format for the client
Who are we?
VB Advisory is a talented group of quants who are specialised in data analytics and financial risk management, all of whom have built up extensive experience as consultants within the financial sector. These experienced consultants are there to help guide you during your journey, however you will be the architect of your own success!
Over the past 5 years, we’ve noticed that in order to succeed and further your career in the financial sector it is becoming ever more important to possess a specific skill set. Our professionals have pooled their experience and have designed a Young Professionals Program where reflection and promotion of personal development is key. We help to prepare (freshly graduated) quants, ensuring they become indispensable to members of the financial sector. By working four days week on a project and spending one full day working alongside a supervisor, these graduates are given a flying start and benefit hugely by this mentoring project. This guarantees a rapid improvement of their particular skill set within the first few months. For example, by learning how to design and develop specific models, carry out stress tests or scenario analyses or learning how to interpret the impact of new regulations, you add value where others cannot. The focus is set on developing that set of particular skills. This provides you with an opportunity to excel in your given field and also the ability to add value in the short term. During the program we would expect your levels of responsibility as well as your impact on a project to increase significantly.
What we can offer…
• Market-conform salary including excellent secondary benefits and public transport card.
• Personalised program, setting out your personal goals and milestones.
• Hands-on experience gained whilst working for the largest financial firms.
• Participation in VB Advisory’s in-house training.
• Work experience in a young and entrepreneurial minded environment.
• Opportunity to study for the most globally respected and widely recognized postgraduate certificates (e.g. CFA or FRM).
• Prospect of creating a sustainable future by assisting with pro bono projects.
• Option of a permanent position working for one of our clients.
• 6 months to 2 years, depending on your preferences
Have we got your attention? Are you enthusiastic and interested in our YPP program? Don’t hold back! Send us your CV and motivation letter through the apply button. We are waiting to hear from you!