Advisory in Quantitative Risk Management, Finance & Data Analytics
VB Advisory has a track record in the financial sector and is specialized in actuarial, quantitative Financial Risk Management and data analytics at the established banks and insurance companies in the Benelux Unie. The focus lies at model development, model implementation and model validation. Furthermore, we can create significant insights in your data and help in both the cleansing process as in providing data driven solutions.
Within the financial sector we were engaged in several large projects related to the following subjects:
- Data collection and processing of historical data for a large bank. The processing includes structuring and cleaning of the data for ALM modelling departments.
- Identify and visualize Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to early signal trends and movements for credit risk modelling application purposes within a large bank.
- Development of interactive dashboard for visualization of data to obtain insight using meaningful metrics for a large bank.
- Development of data quality control framework using advanced analytics and visualization of data for a large bank.
- Credit risk modelling:
We were involved in the development of Basel, ICAAP/ILAAP and IFRS9 models for large and smaller banks. The considered portfolio were retail and corporate portfolios including asset based financing and specialised lending.
- Asset & Liability Management:
By providing ALM studies for our clients we were able to manage their balance sheet risks and corresponding risk appetite.
- Interest Rate Risk:
Multiple clients struggled with their interest rate models. The low interest rate environment and increasing prescribed regulatory interest rate risk models were one of the biggest challenges we encountered last decade. By developing interest rate calculation tools for an asset management company using state of the art techniques.
- VB Advisory was engaged for the implementation of credit risk models for a large bank and yield curve tool for an asset management company. The developed financial models are implemented with the concept of DTAP (Development, Test, Acceptance and Production).
- Development of testing framework including acceptance criteria and so on engaged in the implementation of several layers of test framework. (Unit, Component and Chain)
- During implementation in-depth data analysis is executed to find the cause of any unexpected calculation results. We were engaged for the testing and root cause analysis of unexpected results in a yield curve tool for an asset management company.
- Supervision and coaching of model development teams and data professionals in their day-to-day operations to set and understand requirements of implementation and identify early implementation implications.
- Closely work together with model developers, data scientists, IT and business in organisations to achieve a controlled and smooth implementation of credit risk models within a large bank.
- Financial institutions and FinTech companies rely more and more on complex and mathematical models and tooling due to new and more complex financial products, the organizations have matured their IT-processes and their computing capabilities. The financial models and tools are the key-stone of the financial risk management or front offices pricing accuracy. It is therefore of great significance that the operational and financial risk of those models and tools is mitigated. A widely known example of a model that was not fit-for-purpose was the inaccurate valuation of credit ratings and default probabilities during the Subprime mortgage crisis in 2007 resulting in a financial crisis, but there are also company specific examples where a large financial institution faced failure in their risk controls according to the regulator. According to the U.S. regulator failures in their pricing models and thus in their financial risk management practices led to a trading loss of over $2 billion, let alone the reputational risk that also arise.
- Above examples point out the extremely important role of model validation in the risk management framework of each financial company. A model validation framework is the key to success. From the documentation to the accuracy of the methodology, every detail matter.
- VB Advisory has developed their own model development framework in such a way that we are able to make independent, efficient and accurate validations. We always deliver a validation report, which includes the full validation scope, all the findings and recommendations. Furthermore, we always consider our client’s policies.
Financial institutions from time to time encounter understaffing to meet business goals. Furthermore, regulatory organisations in the financial sector are more demanding and organisations require additional expertise to meet these challenges. Additionally, to fulfill this short-term need every organisation aims to have and keep this capability in-house. Our young professionals might be the perfect answer!
By creating a tailored-fit program with respect to your risk and finance business and the preferences of our young professionals, we can provide consultants with hands-on experience and familiarity with your business culture. Where VB Advisory assures the quality and provides the required educational programs.
Besides the intensive guidance and education, we provide with our young professional the a lasting solution. The option on a permanent position gives your organisation the opportunity to keep the expertise and capability in house and get the next generation of quants on board.
Exploit this opportunity of young professionals and experience how your organisation can benefit from this solution! Do not hesitate and feel free to leave your contact details contact us!
Pro Bono Publico
Pro deo is a widely known phenomena in the legal world, literally meaning ‘for God’. We believe at our consultancy boutique in working for the public good also known as Pro Bono Publico. Every year we are involved in several pro bono projects, where we help start-up companies getting insights in their data and identifying their risk factors and at VB Advisory we help non-profit foundations and Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that correspond to our vision and beliefs by helping them with refreshing data insights and useful predictive models or by creating dashboards that are easy to use, maintain and understand.
At VB Advisory we believe in making a positive difference. With the help of each other we can make the world become a better place.
Do you struggle with your data process or would you like to get refreshing and efficient insights in your data? Are you a start-up, non-profit foundation or NGO? Please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Choose your solution:
Start selecting one of our solutions which fit your organisation needs. VB Advisory can offer three type of solutions. Other organisation already is utilising these solutions and are in the front position.
We bring young professionals in the field of econometrics, mathematics and quantitative finance together to find a way through the challenges you face by creating an imperishable collaboration resulting in a sustainable solution. Our mission is to advance your business through offer education, training and promotion with the best practices globally.
Why wait? Start using one of our solution and engage your business goals or get on of the next generation of quants in house!
Got interested? Contact us and select below your solution!