Who We’re Looking For
Are you fascinated by thinking about how to improve things around you? Do you feel energized by crafting solutions, telling the story behind the numbers, improving financial models? Do you have that entrepreneurial spirit? If so, and if you are an aspiring quant, we want you to join our team!
As a Quantitative Consultant, you are part of a young, ambitious, talented and multidisciplinary team dedicated to various projects within the financial sector. You are introduced to the latest and greatest quantitative methodologies in the field of risk management. Moreover, you are at the core of the fundamental calculations of large banking and insurance companies.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be working on hot topics like Market, Credit & Actuarial Risk, Capital Management, ESG, Liquidity & Treasury Risk and Financial Reporting. On a day-to-day basis you will be performing complex quantitative analyses and develop specialized models to support decision-making. Or you will be on the other side of the model development table and be refining and validating existing models or conducting on-going communication with model owners and model developers during a review. Using your communicative skills, you ensure tight and clear communication with stakeholders.
Our Mission and Vision
Our mission is to treat our consultants as our most important asset. We provide them with the best training possible to become the next generation of quants. They take a flexible and pragmatic approach to delivering high-quality advisory services. As a result, we solve our clients’ challenges by implementing sustainable solutions in quantitative risk management that help them achieve their goals.
By catering to the interests of our Quantitative Consults and providing close guidance from our more senior employees we will get you ready for your first project in no-time. This way, we ensure a steep learning curve from the beginning.
Our vision is to be known for providing clients with exceptional quantitative solutions and to be recognised for our excellent consultants while being a unique employer valued by its employees for focusing on their personal development and happiness.
What We Offer
• Opportunity to participate in inspiring and challenging projects with a diversity of clients in the financial industry;
• Great training opportunities (both personal development, VB Vitality and VB Academy);
• Possibility to enroll for certification examinations (e.g. FRM or CFA);
• A competitive salary including great benefits and perks, such as a Swapfiets and NS Business Card;
• Working closely together with young, enthusiastic team consisting of quantitative specialists;
• Opportunity to work a month abroad, if allowed by the client.
What You Offer
• Strong academic background in a quantitative discipline, such as econometrics or actuarial sciences (MSc or PhD);
• Interest in programming and skilled in Python, R, C++, SQL, or other relevant language;
• Familiarity with financial risk management and/or pricing of financial instruments is an advantage;
• Good communicative skills;
• A team player;
• Result-oriented, while ensuring the quality of work;
• Ambitious, proactive, independent, energetic and able to perform under pressure;
• Well-versed in Dutch and English.
How to apply
Got enthusiastic and interested in this vacancy? Feel free to contact us by sending your resume and motivation letter via the apply button.Apply by email